POSCA use water-based pigment ink to produce poster-paint-like vibrant colours that can be used on almost any surface. Posca pens can be used on virtually any surface. Pens come in a range of pen types, shapes and sizes, including marker pens, brush tip pens, ultra-fine, fine and broad art pens.
It’s pigment ink is fadeproof and water resistant, it is also permanent/bleed-proof on paper and card. It can be made permanent on other surfaces using a range of treatments;
– Glass – by baking in the oven at 160°C for 45 minutes then spraying with clear varnish
– Textiles – by ironing on reverse
– Metal, plastic and wood – by spraying with clear varnish
– Terracotta – by baking at 220°C for 45 minutes, then spraying with clear varnish
– Porcelain – by baking at 160°C for 45 minutes, then spraying with clear varnish
The versatility of the Posca has made it internationally popular with the artistic community for producing poster like, vibrant colours.